Why Do Coaches Need A Coaching Business Opportunity?
Since we began the revolution last year, we’ve been working tirelessly to create a viable coaching business opportunity for UK and Australia-based coaches. We want to be able to help coaches to make their living from coaching. It really doesn’t seem to be a big ask, does it? 82% of coaching businesses fail (according to the ICF). We know that overseas franchises and business opportunities in this industry have a failure rate of more than 95%.
We know that coaches want a framework for their business. Having a qualification is all very well, but when you start your business, what do you need to actually do to get paying clients?
I remember a new coach saying to me that she sat at her new desk on her first day in business for herself and looked at the phone, willing it to ring, with no idea of what she was going to do if it didn’t.
Another coach told me that it had never occurred to him that he’d have to get out there and sell coaching, the idea simply never crossed his mind. He believed that if he got the qualification, that there would be an automatic business that followed.
Coaches need a practical, pragmatic, mentored opportunity to help them develop their businesses.
What is The Coaching Business Opportunity?
Let me describe what it encompasses:
- A self-employed business opportunity; in business for yourself, but not by yourself.
- Up-to-date (and regularly updated) coaching materials Elements™, developed by coaches, for coaches. Coaches can use this material to deliver a coaching programme 1:1, or 1:many (within businesses or with groups of people). It can be delivered as a 12 month programme or a 90 day programme, or indeed anything in between. The material is not prescriptive, it’s über-flexible and works seamlessly with any type of coaching (wellness, life, business, fitness, NLP etc).
- Up-to-date business development materials for coaches who are also business advisors (or would like to be able to operate in this area). There are two 90-day programmes, Start-Up™ and Level-Up™ that cater for businesses at different stages of their development.
- An ROI tool for when you’re demonstrating the value of coaching to business clients.
- A personalised 1:1 mentoring programme, because one size does not fit all. The problem with systemised approaches is that they ‘nearly’ fit everyone and don’t actually fit anyone.
- A marketing system, which when combined with the 1:1 mentoring, creates a blueprint for success – and the support to see it through.
- An online training platform, which means that you have structured support at the click of a mouse.
- Complementary coaching tools, for use in the field.
- Supportive community of coaches.
- Ongoing and endless support, from mentors who have succeeded as coaches in the UK and Australia.
How Does It Work?
Our selection process involves (amongst other things) a phone call to assess where you are, and where you want to be. If we’re a good fit for each other, we will invite you on board to work with us. We offer up to 12 month interest-free payment plans.
What Makes Someone A Good Fit For Us?
We’re looking for coaches with a professional outlook, who are either newly qualified, or have not yet been able to create the momentum they want business-wise.
A coach must be willing to not only talk about what needs to be done, but also prepared to take the action necessary to achieve results.
You must be prepared to commit to 10 mentoring/coaching sessions at either 2, 3 or 4 weekly intervals (you choose).
We need coaches who are willing to try and to fail, without giving up. The path to success is rarely a straight line, resilience is a priceless quality.
This is what happens next:
- You complete our documentation, which includes a description of your business as it stands and where you want it to be. It also includes a Myers-Briggs Personality Profile, because understanding how your personality type works is a very valuable tool. You will get a full analysis of your results. You’ll also get your login details for our training area.
- You will have an in-depth conversation with one of the founders, based on the outcomes of the above and the perfect coach/mentor for you will be allocated. This coach/mentor will support you throughout your 10 sessions.
- The ten sessions include training and support for the following:
- Identifying which clients are most likely to work with you personally, and where to find them.
- Crafting your own marketing presentation. Generic presentations are all very well, but they lack authenticity because they belong to someone else. Having an authentic, personalised keynote presentation is key to success.
- Understanding how to use the ROI tool. The value that this tool brings is priceless; demonstrating ROI on something that is fundamentally intangible has been impossible, until now.
- Analysing your business development activity to ensure that you learn lessons as quickly as possible.
- Understanding which activities are business-critical. Activities which are crucial to business growth need to be ‘rinsed and repeated’ daily. You’ll be mentored to recognise which activities fit this category for your business.
- Accountability – you will be held accountable. Our coaches prize this accountability very highly.
In addition to the points outlined above are the following benefits of belonging to The Coaching Revolution:
- An online training platform so that support is available 24 hours a day at the click of a mouse.
- A supportive online group; Coaches use this group, not just as somewhere to just ‘rah-rah-rah’ about successes, but as a place to ask questions and get them answered by people who share your passion.
- Weekly online training.
- Ongoing support, for as long as you need it.